Coronavirus Updates for the Community Action Network
In light of increasing concerns about a broader coronavirus outbreak and the impacts on normal business operations, CAPLAW has compiled resources that are particularly relevant to the Community Action network. We will be closely monitoring the situation and will update this page as new developments occur, particularly when federal awarding agencies issue program-specific guidance.
Last updated September 15, 2020
National Partners Guidance
- CAPLAW News Alert: DOL Issues Revised Rule on FFCRA Leave in Response to Court Ruling - Issued September 15, 2020
- CAPLAW News Alert: CDC Issues Nationwide Residential Eviction Moratorium - Issued September 10, 2020
- CAPLAW News Alert: UPDATE: Treasury Department Issues Employee Payroll Tax Deferral Guidance - Issued August 31, 2020
- CAPLAW News Alert: Executive Order Defers Employee Payroll Taxes - Or Does It? - Issued August 26, 2020
- CAPLAW News Alert: Federal Court Strikes Down Certain FFCRA Leave Rules - Issued August 12, 2020
- CAPLAW News Alert: OCS Issues Guidance on Role of States and CAAs with respect to CARES Funding - Issued July 17, 2020
- CAPLAW News Alert: PPP Amendment Expands Loan Forgiveness Options - Issued June 5, 2020
- CAPLAW News Alert: PPP Guidance on Loan Forgiveness and SBA Review Process - Issued May 29, 2020
- CAPLAW News Alert: Office of Head Start Issues Further Guidance on COVID-19 Response and Reopening - Issued May 28, 2020
- Building Readiness: Reopening Our Doors - Updated May 22, 2020
As organizations across the Community Action network begin to reopen their doors to resume operations and services disrupted by the COVID-19 outbreak, it is critical to thoughtfully consider issues that are likely to arise and plan carefully to adjust to the new normal. CAPLAW has developed this Building Readiness: Reopening Our Doors Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) resource in an attempt to anticipate and address many of the questions on the forefront of CAAs’ planning efforts. CAPLAW will update this resource as regulations are issued and new guidance becomes available.
- CAPLAW News Alert: PPP Loans Under $2 Million Qualify for Safe Harbor - Issued May 14, 2020
- CAPLAW News Alert: SBA Guidance on Economic Necessity for PPP Loans - Issued May 1, 2020
- CAPLAW News Alert: Funding for PPP and EIDL Replenished - Issued April 24, 2020
- CAPLAW News Alert: Key Points in OCS IM #157: Guidance for COVID-19 Response - Issued April 14, 2020
- CARES Act Benefits for Nonprofit CAAs Web Portal - Updated June 16, 2020
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (the CARES Act), which was signed into law on March 27, 2020, offers various forms of aid to nonprofit Community Action Agencies (CAAs) and state associations whose operations have been impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. This resource covers each of the benefits available to the Community Action network under the CARES Act, including a detailed analysis of what CAAs should consider with respect to these programs. CAPLAW will update this resource as regulations are issued and new guidance becomes available.
- CAPLAW News Alert: CARES Act Resources for Nonprofits - Issued April 3, 2020
- CAPLAW News Alert: IRS Issues Guidance on Claiming Credit for Paid Leave - Issued April 1, 2020
- CAPLAW News Alert: ACF Issues Guidance on Administrative Flexibilities - Issued March 31, 2020
- CAPLAW News Alert: DOL Issues Additional Guidance on Paid Leave Requirements - Issued March 30, 2020
- CAPLAW News Alert: CARES Act: Historic Supplemental Funding for Key Community Action Programs - Issued March 27, 2020
April 6, 2020 update to CSBG section: The expansion of CSBG eligibility applies to supplemental CSBG funding and regular FY 2020 CSBG appropriations.
- CAPLAW News Alert: DOL Guidance: Paid Sick and FMLA Leave Effective April 1; DOE COVID-19 Guidance for Weatherization - Issued March 25, 2020
- CAPLAW News Alert: Paid Leave Under COVID-19 Response Act - Issued March 20, 2020
- CAPLAW News Alert: OCS and OHS Funding Source COVID-19 Updates - Issued March 13, 2020
- Managing Coronavirus Risks: What Should the Community Action and Head Start Networks Think About? - Issued March 5, 2020
In light of the increasing concern about a broader coronavirus outbreak and the impacts on normal business operations, CAPLAW issued guidance for the Community Action and Head Start networks addressing the following issues: managing employees, providing services, and planning events.
- Guiding Principles for the Community Action Network During COVID-19 Response and Recovery - Issued May 11, 2020
- Guidance & Resources for Managing Coronavirus Risks - Issued March 2020
- COVID-19 Community Needs Assessment Update Template and Data Resource Guide - Issued April 14, 2020
The National Community Action Partnership released a Community Needs Assessment template for use by local Community Action Agencies (CAAs) as an addendum to their full Community Needs Assessment in response to the COVID-19 global health pandemic. This document can assist CAAs and State CSBG offices by serving as a foundation to the use of the special supplemental CSBG funding. Within the template is pre-filled text accompanied by places to insert local data and examples. Following the template is a data resource guide for easy access to data and resources to utilize within the template.
Download Template (PDF) | Download Template (Word)
- NASCSP Resources on COVID - Updated April 9, 2020